• Athens Area Homeless Shelter: Trash bags in sizes of 13- and 30-gallons, air conditioner intake filters size 20-inches by 20-inches by 1-inch, paper towels, pens, new or gently-used sturdy strollers, baby wipes, new or gently-used car seats for toddlers ages three and older and twin-size sheets.
Contact: (706) 354-0423.
• Peace Place Inc. of Winder: Gas and phone cards for $20, acne products for women and teenagers, body wash, cologne for teenage males and deodorant for women and teenagers.
Contact: Bonnie Lott, (770) 307-3633.
• Whatever It Takes Athens: Students need pieces of wood that are 2-inches thick to practice using basic hand tools such as saws, hammers and screwdrivers.
Contact: Lauren Medina, (706) 543-6547, ext. 23355 or email email@example.com.
• Books For Keeps: Donations of books in good condition for kids in kindergarten through 12th grade. The books will provide summer reading material to kids who might have limited access to books during the summer.
Contact: Melaney Smith, (404) 808-8625.
• Friends of Advantage Behavioral Health Systems: Individually wrapped candy for the Friends of Advantage's third annual Car and Bike Show and Children's Carnival on Oct. 22. Candy, treats and prizes will be used as prizes during the event.
Contact: Tammy Dalton, (706) 389-6789, ext. 1306.
• Athens Community Council on Aging: Needs to borrow a popcorn machine for its 37th Annual Harvest Festival on Oct. 13.
Contact: Sarah McKinney, (706) 549-4850.
• Rocking W Farm & Horse Rescue: Donations of supplies, tack and monetary donations. Volunteers also are needed to help groom, walk, feed and nurture rescued horses.
Contact: Randy Watson, (706) 612-0231 or www.rockingwfarmandhorserescue.com.
• If you have a need that you would like listed here, register at www.connectathens.org. For more information, call (706) 353-1313.
Powered by Non-Profit Development Alliance
A Program of Community Connection of NEGA
ACTION Inc. Oconee County
Intake volunteers, Office volunteers, Cereals, Canned meats, Personal items for senior
Baby diapers, Grocery giftcards
Athens Area Emergency Food Bank
Macaroni and cheese, Dry pasta, Pork and beans
The Jefferson High AFJROTC Drill Teams competed at the Air Force JROTC National Drill Meet and surprised all of its competitors by taking third place overall.
Monday June 17
Tri to Beat Cancer Triathlon
August 29, 2010 • More Photos
Junior League of Athens January General Meeting
January 11, 2010 • More Photos